“Many people in our Ecclesfield and Chapeltown areas are already feeling the impact of reduced income and job losses during covid.
Now a cost of living crisis is due to pinch.” says Ecclesfield-based Labour campaigner Craig Gamble Pugh.
Former Labour Councillor Andy Bainbridge said “Boris Johnson’s government has failed to manage this crisis, which will be felt in our areas.”
– Universal credit will drop by £20/wk
– Gas prices are increasing by 50%
– Food costs set to soar, & shortages at the shops
Sign our petition calling on the government to undertake the following action:
- Cutting people’s energy bills by £600 – funded by a windfall tax on the profits of oil and gas companies
- Increase renewable energy generation, to reduce dependence on offshore gas and oil prices
- Reverse the £20 per week cut to Universal Credit