Litter is a blight on all our lives- let's unite to do something about it Craig Gamble Pugh
We’re getting more and more reports of litter spoiling our beautiful communities. So let’s do something about it!
From overflowing recycling, to grass verges covered in litter, dog dirt and dumping, it’s an eyesore and makes us all angry and frustrated.
We understand the council can’t sort this all out, but we would like the lead councillor responsible, to meet with us so we can explain the impact this is happening and ask what the council can do to help us. For example:
- More frequent emptying of the recycling sites.
- Sensors on street and park litter bins so the contractors can empty them before they overflow.
- Litter picking before the grass is cut
- Dustbin crews clearing up litter spilt during bin rounds
- Temporary CCTV on regular dumping spots
- Longer hours at the tip
We can also help ourselves- with some safe, socially distanced litter picks. Many local residents are regularly going out litter picking. Let’s thank them, and, as soon as it’s safe to do so, get out there and help them- if you’d be interested in joining a litter picking group, let us know.
Sign below to:
- Ask the council leadership to meet us to discuss what the council can do to tackle litter in our areas
- Thank local litter pickers for all their hard work